Friday, April 2, 2010

Day 2

I wake up. Stretch. It's warm. Then I remember. Island. I'll split from the group tomorrow. I eat a pack of noodles. Lets go swimming. Jordan, Sean and Isaac aren't up yet. So I hide my pack and life raft. I start swimming. The water is cold but I don't mind. I dive down I swim in to open door. James' and his crew have destroyed the place looks like there's nothing left. Then something catches my eye. A sparkle of light, a glint of plastic, a luggage tag. With the bag in my hand I swim to the air bubble in the back of the plane. I take a deep breath of clean air. I opened the bag, my luck strikes it water proof. James' people haven't taken everything. I dive my hand into the bag and take: a water proof survival blanket, insect repellent and a water bottle. I put them back in. But rethink and take out the blanket. This may be useful. I go up to the cockpit, but there's nothing here. O'well. I take a breath and have one last look at the plane. I swam back to the island grabbed my pack and pulled the lift raft out. I started rowing just as the group woke up. Sean saw me first and gave a yell of alarm. Sean and Jordan just stood there, Isaac came running after me. Out of anger or terror I would never know. He never caught up with me. I carried on paddling with my hands until I reached a nice little bay. Something strange I noticed, that unlike other beaches the two I had seen on this island had absolutely no driftwood.

No comments:

Post a Comment